25 April 2016 Vacancy Study Coordinator
The South African Tuberculosis Vaccine Initiative (SATVI), located within the Institute of Infectious Disease and Molecular Medicine, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for a 2-year contract as a Study Coordinator. The position is based at the SATVI Project Office in Worcester with current projects including the determination of Tuberculosis infection and disease status in study populations, Tuberculosis Vaccine trials, Tuberculosis Treatment trials and Tuberculosis diagnostic trials.
- Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
- Qualification as a Professional Nurse (4 year degree / diploma in health)
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC)
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) certification
- 3 years’ experience working in the research sector
- Fluency in English and either Afrikaans or Xhosa
- Valid Driver’s License for at least 3 years
- Computer literate
The following skills will be advantageous:
- Good record keeping skills and experience
- Experience in planning and implementing a clinical research study
- Good decision making and prioritising capabilities
- Knowledge of TB, HIV and the Cape Winelands East region
- Managing HR issues in a diverse team
- Experience in leading and managing a research team
- Previous experience in study co-ordination
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
To view the job advert click here.