"The first GCP course I did via the Siyantinga PDP ignited a passion for clinical research. Subsequent courses have enhanced my career and inspired me to do things I never dreamed possible. I am acutely aware that I am part of something great and am so proud to be able to contribute to groundbreaking research."
Julia Noble, Quality Control Officer.
She recently celebrated her 10th anniversary with SATVI. Julia has grown her skills from being first employed as a Phlebotomy Assistant, then Surveillance Clerk, CV Ward Assistant, and then Data Administrator prior to her current position.
Education and training
SATVI develops capacity through regular education and training programmes both internally amongst staff, and externally for partner institutions and organisations.
Internal Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training offered to the SATVI team
All SATVI technical, medical. nursing, administrative and support staff receive training through the Professional Development Programme (PDP).They receive rigorous training in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) from a dedicated Professional Development Programme (PDP) team, Clinical Quality Control (QC) team and & Quality Assurance team from the SATVI laboratory. Our high quality Clinical Research courses, developed internally, have been formally accredited by the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
Courses offered externally
SATVI staff and external individuals and institutions benefit from the:
- Accelerated Professional Development Programme (A-PDP),
- the annual Summer Institute (SI) course,
- the annual African Vaccinology course,
- TBVACSIN and
- Continuing Medical Education with service providers at a national, provincial and local level
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training programme, accredited by the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA), and which is offered via two formal courses, namely, ‘GCP for Beginner’s’ and ‘GCP Refresher’ courses.